To access the screen:
8. Stock Take Processing
2. Periodical Stock Take
Periodical Stock Take – Workflow
- Print Stock Take Work Sheet – (if required)
- The printout can be printed prior to the Stock Take to confirm the order and what Product
Groups the items appear in.
- Sites that are familiar with the Stock Take process usually do
not print these sheets.
- Enter “C” at the Option Line to evoke the Stock Take as ACTIVE.
- You will see the counter create the stock take records & the screen will exit when finished.
- To confirm, if you return to the screen and enter the site code again, a warning “Stocktake is
already in progress for this site” appears.
- Commencing a Stock Take in one store does not affect other stores, BUT if you have more
than one store in stock take mode warn staff to be sure they are entering data in the correct
- IMPORTANT – NO Transactions are permitted during an Active Stocktake.
- NO Dispensing
- NO Issues – Planned or Unplanned
- NO Adjustments
- NO Transfers
- IMPORTANT – Staff need to be instructed on the following points –
- Ensure selection is Stocktake (not Imprest Reqn)
- Counting can be entered in PACKS OR UNITS – Confirm the correct selection has
been made by checking what displays on screen.
- IMPORTANT – Enter a SINGLE item and download this item to ensure it updates the
Stock Take in progress records. Don’t enter hundreds of items that fail to download
or fail to update the stock take records before calling for help!!
- Use this screen to confirm that the first single item you have downloaded by PDE has
updated the system.
- Enter the Site Code – if the Stock Take has not been started for the Site Code you enter, a
warning will appear.
- Enter the Stock Code of the Item that you downloaded.
- If a warning
“Already counted (xxx packs xxx units)“ appears, this confirms that the download was
successful and that the Stock Take is now in progress.
- *Note, PDE Stock Count entry is CUMULATIVE; counting the same stock at multiple
locations is additive (except where it is counted in the same batch on the PDE unit where it
will prompt for an adjustment).
- *Note, Stock Counts via the Stock Count Entry screen are OVERWRITING so that an error
in the count can be corrected.
- After a significant amount of counting has been done, use this report to detect items that
have been inadvertently missed during the counting – it may be the item and sticker is no
longer on the shelf so would not be scanned & counted. The report can be printed or
exported to Excel
- This report is used to double check for errors in counting, particularly where the units of
measure (Packs or Units) have been incorrectly selected and larger than expected variances
occur in either Quantity or Value.
- Importantly, to correct a count for a Stock Code, use the Stock Count Entry Screen to
OVERWRITE the existing count. Remember that the PDE entry is cumulative and will add
to the count rather than correct it.
- After counting is complete and the Variance Reports have been reviewed, use the Missing
Stock Count Report to assess the items that have not been counted.
- The remaining uncounted
items can be set to zero using the batch process.
- Export the Stock Take Variance Report and confirm that it can be viewed in Excel; you may
be required by finance or the auditors to produce this report.
- Running this process posts Stock Adjustments to correct the stock balance.
- Only items that
require adjustment have a transaction posted.
- These can be seen in the Transaction Details
Enquiry if required.
- Do NOT commence transactions until after a Stock Valuation Report has
- Before commencing any transaction run this report from the Stock Usage Report Menu.
stock values from the Stock Variance Report and the Stock Valuation Report should be in
accordance, provided that you have not filtered out the listing (i.e. restricted the report by
product group etc).
- After Posting the Stock Take, the lock down of the store is released and dispensing and
issues can recommence.