Creating an Additive Inventory item:
Note: It is best that the Inventory Master file is managed centrally by the purchasing officer or equivalent.
Setting up an admix product is no different to setting up a normal inventory item.
The differences are:
- generic name - make "[ADMIX]" the suffix to the drug description ie Morpine Sulphate [ADMIX]
- strength - remove the strength value as ADMIX products are strength/dose independent
- product group - set the product group to "ADMIX"
- product type - for additive items, the product type must be set to "A"
- internal issue - this would be the form of the final product e.g. bag
- units per issue - value MUST always be "1"
- Purchase data - additive inventory items have NO purchasing data, as these are manufactured by the site.